Afterschool Enrichment Program (AEP)
Our Afterschool Enrichment Program serves Scholars at several locations throughout East Central Illinois. Our AEP features an academic hour with trained Team Members and dedicated volunteers from the University of Illinois, Eastern Illinois University, and Parkland College to assist with homework help and test preparation, and to equip Scholars with an abundance of study tips. Scholars then transition into a variety of enrichment activities based on their interests to fuel educational achievement, leadership development, and cultural advancement. Curriculum is derived from Tap In’s Culturally-Integrated Literacy Curriculum (CILC), 4-H curriculum, and innovative S.T.E.A.M. resources. Some examples include 4-H Clubs, Lego robotics, dance, cooking, intramural sports teams, African drumming, web design, and digital photography!
This webpage is under construction.
Our Afterschool Enrichment Program is housed at the following schools within the Champaign Unit 4 School District. Select your scholar’s school for more information about the program and registration!
Elementary Schools (Grades: K-5)
- Booker T. Washington STEM Academy (Mon-Thurs 3:15 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Garden Hills Elementary School (Mon-Thurs 3 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Kenwood Elementary School (Mon-Thurs 2:05 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Stratton Elementary School (Mon-Thurs 2 pm – 5:30 pm)
Middle Schools (Grades: 6-8)
- Edison Middle School (Mon-Thurs 2:40 pm – 5:30 pm)
- Jefferson Middle School (Mon-Thurs 2:35 pm – 5:30 pm)
High Schools (Grades: 9-12)
- Centennial High School (Mon-Thurs 3:18 pm – 6:30 pm)
The Afterschool Enrichment Program is made possible thanks to the financial support of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant.